Accounting Career Fair
Friday, September 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
virtual - Log in to
to attend as a student or employer
If you have questions about accessing the fair or during the fair, connect with us through Zoom at: https://illinoisstate.zoom.us/j/7738814117
The Accounting Career Fair connects recruiters hiring for accounting positions only with students and alumni who are majoring in accounting and seeking an accounting position.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Learn more about Illinois State's Accounting Department.
Accessing the virtual fair
This fair will be held virtually. Review the instructions for participating in a virtual fair as an employer. Request the toolkit for accessing a virtual career fair.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Accounting Career Fair. For more information, contact Career Services Events.
Check out the list of the employers attending this fair.
Steps to complete before the fair
Construct an effective resume
. Check out the Career Resource Guide for assistance. Then, connect with Career Services during drop-in hours or
Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. If you need help, utilize the worksheet in the Career Resource Guide.
Dress the part. Review our Career Resource Guide for tips on appropriate attire and professional etiquette.
Login to your Hire-A-Redbird account to register for the fair. Although not required, check out the benefits of registering.
Do your research. Check out the list of employers registered for the fair to identify those you most want to meet. Utilize the link below, visit Hire-a-Redbird, or access using the free Symplicity Jobs and Careers app available from the App Store or Google Play. Then, visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
Check out the list of employers who are attending the 2020 fair, coming soon.
Tips to prepare for the fair
- Visit the Career Resource Guide for suggestions on how to prepare for the fair. Then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Check out these tips for navigating a virtual fair.
- Attend Navigating a Virtual Fair so you'll not only know how to present yourself, but learn how to participate in the fair effectively.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Visit the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join Career Services on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful tips.
Registration through Hire-A-Redbird is required to participate. If you no longer have access, be sure to contact Career Services four days prior to the event for access.
Professional headshot photos are available free to Illinois State students at the fair from 10:30-12:30 p.m. Photos will be available on Flickr with a direct link included below:
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Services
. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.