Spring Education and Student Teacher Career Fair
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
virtual - Zoom link will be posted before the fair date.
The Spring Education and Student Teacher Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for open positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join Career Services for our Spring Education and Student Teacher Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Licensure, Endorsements & Approvals.
Coming soon. For more information about the Spring Education and Student Teacher Career Fair, contact Career Services Events.
Steps to complete before the fair
- Visit the Career Resource Guide. Then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair.
- Construct an effective resume. Check out the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit Career Services during drop-in hours or
Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
- Attend Hiring Tips for Education Majors for advice from actual school administrators on how to navigate the job search process and set yourself apart from other candidates.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. If you need help, utilize the worksheet in the Career Resource Guide.
- Login to your Hire-A-Redbird account to register for the fair. Although not required, check out the benefits of registering.
- Do your research. Check out the list of employers registered for the fair to identify those you most want to meet. Utilize the link below, visit Hire-a-Redbird, or access using the free Symplicity Jobs and Careers app available from the App Store or Google Play. Then, visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Visit the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join Career Services on social media. Visit Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.
- Dress the part. Review our Career Resource Guide for tips on proper attire and professional etiquette.
Attending the virtual fair
Details for students, such as: how to participate in a virtual fair, access, etc. will be posted on this page soon
Juniors exploring student teacher placements
The Spring Education and Student Teacher Career Fair provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn more about prospective school districts to consider for your student teaching experience. Since all student teaching placements are arranged through the Ceclia J. Lauby Teacher Education Center, students are encouraged to participate in this fair to learn more about school districts in Illinois, only. You will not able to self-place where your student teaching experience will be held.
Because this fair will be held virtually this year, headshot photos will not be available.
Registration through Hire-A-Redbird is required to participate. If you no longer have access, be sure to contact Career Services four days prior to the event for access.
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Services. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.