Health Care Industry Fair
The Health Care Industry Fair connects recruiters from hospitals, social service agencies, and health-related organizations seeking to hire candidates from all majors interested in the health care industry for full-time employment and externship/internship experiences. Access a list of majors who are specifically encouraged to attend the Health Care Industry Fair.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Learn more about Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) and other majors at Illinois State. Get travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event. Career Services does not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed. For more information about the Health Care Professions Fair, contact Career Services Events.
Maximize your recruiting efforts
This fair is perfect if you're already recruiting in Central Illinois at the Bradley University Nursing and Physical Therapy Career Fair and the Illinois Wesleyan University Nursing Career Fair. Contact schools for actual dates.
Steps to complete before the fair
Construct an effective resume
. Check out the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit Career Services during drop-in hours or
Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. If you need help, utilize the worksheet in the Career Resource Guide.
Dress the part. Review our Career Resource Guide for tips on proper dress and professional etiquette.
Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile to track your internship search and experience, register for the fair, and to post your resume into resume books for employers to find you.
Do your research. Check out the list of employers registered for the fair to identify those you most want to meet. Utilize the link below, visit Hire-a-Redbird, or access using the free Symplicity Jobs and Careers app available from the App Store or Google Play. Then, visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
Check out the list of employers who attended the fair in fall 2019.
Tips to prepare for the fair
- Visit the Career Resource Guide for suggestions on how to prepare for the fair. Then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
- Check out the video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Visit the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join Career Services on social media. Visit Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.
Professional headshot photos are available free to Illinois State students at the fair from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Photos are available on Flickr with a direct link included below:
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Services. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.