Virtual Fair Navigation for Employers
Utilize the following instructions for participating in a video chat/virtual career fair with candidates.
- Go to (insert CSM url for employers) to log in. If you are new to the system, click "forgot password."
- On the day of the fair, you can get into the fair 60 minutes before the event starts.
Once you have logged in, go to Events/Career Fairs/Fall Virtual Career Fair and click "View Chats."
- Confirm your meeting information (update with a new video link if you need to) under "Chat Instructions."
- If you want to modify your profile information (name, title, division), you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
- You can greet students with your profile picture by uploading it under "Account/Personal Profile."
- Your employer contact has set the "Expected Chat Timer per Student," which is the same for all representatives representing your organization. If you would like to modify per student, you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
- Set your status to "Online."
- Start the video meeting using the video link provided in the chat instructions and keep your video meeting running for the entire length of the fair.
- If your alternate chat instructions include a phone number, make sure to have your phone handy in case candidates experience technical difficulties.
- When the fair starts, candidates will line up in your queue.
- Select the candidate at the top of the list, unless they are already video chatting with another representative from your organization.
- Once you start a video chat with a student, watch the timer. It will count down from the maximum time to zero. When time is up, you will receive an alert and a “ping” sound.
- When you are done, click "End Chat."
- You can mark the candidate as one you are interested in or not interested in and take notes. This information is not shared with the candidate.
- If you need to step away for a short break, set your status to "Busy." Candidates can continue to join your queue.
- If you need to take a longer break and there are not any other representatives from your organization online, set your status to "Online. Candidates will be notified that you are no longer online and will likely leave your queue. The system will automatically send resumes of candidates to you who were in line but did not have a chance to connect with you.
- If you select candidates who are busy meeting with another organization, you will not be able to select them. However, they will stay in your queue for later conversations.
- Before or during the fair, you can generate interest in your organization by inviting candidates to video chat with you. Go to the "All RSVP’d Students" tab, use "Advanced Search" to identify those of interest, select them and use Mail To/Invite to Chat. There is a default template which you can customize.
- When the fair is over, you can filter candidates by using "Overall Feedback" and download resumes.