Internship Record Set-up Instructions
To set-up an internship record in Hire-A-Redbird, please follow these instructions. If you have any questions, contact Career Services.
- Visit Hire-A-Redbird at HireARedbird.IllinoisState.edu.
- Click on the student login.
- Access your account through Illinois State University's Central Login.
- On the left side bar of your home page, click on “Experiential Learning.”
- Click on “Add New”.
- Fill out all internship information and click “Submit.”
- You may only enter an internship record one semester (“work term”) at a time. If your internship period lasts longer than a semester, submit the first work term. Then click on “Edit” and go to the bottom of the page and click on “Copy to a New Work Term." Enter the relevant time period for that term.
- Click “Submit.”
- The internship record status will be pending until it completes the system verification process. Upon completion, the record will state it is "Approved."
- Internship records are available to review and edit anytime. Just click on "Review" or "Edit."
- To complete a program evaluation, click on "Program Evaluation."
- To track hours, click on "Track Hours."